Sunday, 10 November 2013

Designers' Copy

This is the top half of the design I attempted to copy.

This is the bottom of the design I attempted to copy.
I began by drawing the girl in the picture. I drew the outline, I shaded her in using a felt tip in the dark areas. I then uploaded the image into onto photoshop where I edited the photo by first getting rid of the background with the magic wand tool. I then continued by adding a colour overlay effect to the image, in order for it to blend in with the overall final copy I  made her a similar colour as the background in the original design. I multiplied the overlay in order for it to blend in over the top of the drawing. The second effect I used was a pattern overlay. This gave the image that textured look that can be seen in the original design, however in my version it looks slightly like she has been drawn onto fine, squared paper.  Below is proof that I have applied these effects to the image. 

I also used ink splatters to create my final designers' copy. I created these by dripping, squeezing and collecting ink onto paper. I then uploaded them into photoshop, where I increased the saturation of each one, sometimes keeping the original colour, while with others as-well as increasing the saturation, I also changed the hue, therefore this caused the colour of the drips to change altogether, this is so i could achieve similar colours as to the ones found in the original image. above is an examples of one of the ink drips that I did.   


For my final image, I began by adding a coloured background, which was basically a square, drawn to the same size as the document, sing the shape tool. I then coloured it with my desired colour, which was a creamy yellow. I then uploaded the image of the girl. I found that she didn't blend in with the background as much as I wanted her to, so I increased the threshold on the image in order to soften out the pen strokes from the felt tip pen I used. I then copied the image of the girl and added a normal colour overlay using the same colour as the background. I emptied out the white in the image of the girl using the magic wand tool, just leaving the black shaded areas. I put the duplicate layer, that had the colour overlay on it, underneath the original image. The duplicate layer could be seen through the spaces I had emptied out with the magic wand tool on the the original image. The pattern overlay applied to the the original image had been lost, so applied that again. I then finished off by adding in the ink drips. Some drips I didn't use, others I did use more than once. I arranged them to make them look as if they were falling onto the umbrella and splattering off it. After I had finished this the whole product was finished. Above is the final piece.           

No comments:

Post a Comment