Friday, 13 December 2013

Experiment 3- Intaglio Printing

This is the image of Pinterest that I tried to recreate. I used Intaglio Printing in order to give it a rustic look.
I started by drawing the image in my book with ordinary pencil as a practice, so I can then transfer the technique used to draw this as accurately as possible onto the silver card, without any mistakes, because they would irreversible if made.
This is my final, finished product, after doing Intaglio Printing and Photoshop Editing. 

On the right is the drawing, engraved in the foil card. I used a pair of compasses to engrave the drawing first. I  then used a piece of cloth and thick black ink to wipe of the drawing on the foil, until all the ridges within the engraving were filled with black ink. I then used the printing press to print the image onto paper, which is on the left. I lay the foil card on top of a piece of paper. I then rolled it through the press and the ink from the drawing, pressed into the paper, leaving an imprint on the paper in the shape of the drawing on the card.  

I then scanned the print into Photoshop where I increased the threshold in order to highlight the rustic looks of the drawing and effects of the print.  

No comments:

Post a Comment